Sunday, May 31, 2009

more...

Here is the second installment of lessons I have learned. This one is dedicated to my Dad.

I don't know if it is the fact that I turned another year older today and am feeling a tad nostalgic, the fact that we are starting a family of our own or the fact that I really enjoy making lists, but here's one dedicated to what my father has taught me when he didn't know I was watching.

1. Sometimes throwing something DOES make you feel better when you are angry.

2. When creativity strikes in the middle of the night, get up and use it. It might be gone by morning.

3. Work hard and provide for your family no matter what.

4. Practice your right to bear arms...vigilantly. Be able to supply a small army with handguns, rifles and shot guns in case of a coup.

5. Teach respect for firearms and know how to use them correctly.

6. If someone is tailgating, sometimes "a skunk runs across the road."

7. Complete sentences CAN be formed with only 4-letter naughty words. It's an art form, really.

8. Napping is required.

9. You're never too old to play.

10. Dream.

11. Forgive.

12. Explore.

13. Be able to take what you know and apply it to understand or create something else...know how to weld a front end loader but use your knowledge to create art.

14. Have adventures and tell other people about them...be a good story-teller.

15. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself to get it done right.

16. Be modest.

17. Help others.

18. Sometimes you mow over plants...but it's ok...

19. Love unconditionally.

20. You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

He's taught me much more but this is a list of the top 20.

Thanks Dad!!

No comments: