Sunday, December 28, 2008

stupid

There's a lot of stupid out there. I'm not talking about actual mensurable intelligence or random dingyness, but rather the everyday stupid that involves laziness and the inability to follow simple directions. I would also group those that are racist and unaccepting of others due to outward appearance into this category.

The random dingy person is actually one of my favorite types. They are generally happy and even though the "dumb on the bus" analogy usually applies, they are a riot to hang around. They are willing to learn and listen. They accept all others for what they are and don't expect favors. And frankly, they crack me up.

As for stupid, you can have any level of intelligence and still fall into this category. Book smarts do not apply to stupid. In fact, some of the smarties are usually the worst of the stupids.

I run across stupid on a regular basis. They're everywhere. I don't know why people find it so difficult to follow simple direction but I would put my money on lazy. I was raised to work my tail off and have pride in what I do. Grandma always says "A jobs a job." and it doesn't matter what you do, do it well. In this economic climate, one should be happy to have a job, no matter what it is. The stupid person does not take pride in their job and thinks that certain things are "owed" to them or that the job is below them.

Now, of course, stupid does not just apply to ones work ethic but you can usually judge the caliber of ones character by how they work.

Let's face it, stupid is everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!